First Biennial WRC Photographic Competition 2013
The Water Research Commission invites the water community to be part of its first Biennial Photographic Competition 2013. The competition has been launched to celebrate and share the Commission’s funded water research projects and their impacts on the lives of all South Africans.
Photographs will be received and adjudicated by a hand-selected panel of judges. Prizes will be awarded to the top three photographs (winner and two runners up). The top 12 photographs will be displayed at the WRC Symposium 2013, where the winners will be announced, and will be compiled into a 2014 WRC Calendar. The deadline for entries is 1 August, 2013.
· The competition is open to the general public to submit photographs.
· Photographs must portray images related to current or former WRC-funded projects. Subject matter can relate to water & sanitation service delivery and innovation, industrial/mining water, water for agricultural use, water resource management, water & the environment, water & society, water & health, water & the economy.
· Entries must be electronic photos in jpg format at a resolution at 300 dpi of at least 20 cm in width or length. Please send photographs in their original size and format, do not use the option “Make my pictures smaller” when sending by email. Images less than 1 MB in size will not be consideredEntrants can be emailed to Competition Organiser, Email: email@example.com and/or posted on disc to WRC Photo Competition, Private Bag X03, Gezina, 0031.
· Individuals can enter as many photographs as they wish, however, each photograph must be accompanied by a separate entry form.
· Entries will be judged on portrayal of water-related research impact, technical excellence (i.e. quality of photograph), visual impacts, creativity, originality, balance & composition.
· The entrant is responsible for obtaining permission for the use of the photographic material as well as subject material from the authority or project manager concerned.
· Entries submitted by organisations must be accompanied by written consent of the photographer.
Click hereto get the entry form