Terms of Reference for a Short-Term Research Consultancy
KEY STRATEGIC AREA
KSA 5: Business Development, Marketing and Communications
THRUST Marketing and communication
TITLE A stakeholder survey of perceptions, accessibility and usability of WRC knowledge products.
General: To evaluate, through targeted surveys, stakeholder perceptions and satisfaction about WRC dissemination and knowledge products (research reports, briefing notes, the Water Wheel, Water SA, website, Knowledge Review) in an effort to improve accessibility, usefulness and user-friendliness, of these knowledge products.
1. To evaluate the relevance, usefulness, appearance and accessibility of the WRC’s range of knowledge products (the WRC Knowledge Hub, the Water Wheel, Water SA, WIN-SA, research reports, brochures and briefing notes.
2. To understand if and how these knowledge products are accessed and used by main stakeholder groups.
3. To obtain recommendations to improve the WRC’s knowledge dissemination process.
Communication in the area of water research and development forms an integral part of the WRC mandate. As such the Commission strives for research-related products which are accessible (i.e. easy to find, distributed widely), user-friendly (easy to read/use in terms of design/structure) and functional (fit for use in terms of content), providing meaningful contact between the WRC and its stakeholders.
20% advance on contract signing
2. Identification of main WRC stakeholders and development of stakeholder survey (including methodology, questionnaires, time period etc.)
3. Draft report based on stakeholder survey results.
4. Final report with recommendations.
Impact area: Communication and marketing
Timeframe: Four (4) months (January to April 2014)
Total funds available: R80 000 to R100 000
Deadline for submission: 6 January 2014
Contact: Dr Inga Jacobs email: firstname.lastname@example.org