The Honourable Nomvula Mokonyane, Minister of Water and Sanitation is convening the National Sanitation Indaba on the 15th May 2015 at the Durban International Convention Centre, and invites all necessary stakeholders, affected parties and opinion leaders in the sanitation sector to participate in this national dialogue.
- The aims of the Indaba are:To showcase the practical demonstration of cutting-edge appropriate sanitation technologies that can be implemented in South Africa and Africa.
- To provide an engagement space for communities on the feasibility of technology implementation as it pertains to their contexts.
- To pool ideas and experiences to accelerate the adoption of world-class advanced technologies by both municipal and industrial water users.
- To develop a roadmap for the scaling up of technologies and solutions.
- To launch the South African Sanitation Innovation Grand Challenge.
Priority issues to be discussed include:
- Sanitation Technology Assessment & Evaluation
- Health, Hygiene & Education
- Cooperative Governance & Regulatory Frameworks
The invitation and the programme is attached below.