Secondary metabolites, a cluster of 13 patents licensed to Synexa-Life Science Pty Ltd
The Quorus Bioreactor range of disposable bioreactors is a significant innovation in bioprocessing; offering a highly productive, easily-scalable and fully automated range of bioreactors, from lab scale to production scale.
At the heart of the Quorus Bioreactor is a series of ceramic membranes that allow micro-organisms and cell cultures to grow as biofilms in a very low-shear and controlled mass-transfer environment. The result is high-quality, cell-free product produced in a highly-efficient continuous process that makes DSP much simpler than in alternative bioprocessing systems.
The key features of this technology include:
- A novel and patented membrane-based process
- Enhanced volumetric productivity
- A stable, continuous process
- Linear scale-up from lab to production scale
- High mass-transfer efficiency and low shear
- Available in microbials and cell culture versions.